In April, 1974, the Missions Committee of Thomasville Road Baptist Church surveyed the Bradfordville community and felt this was a good area to establish a branch Sunday School. In May, under the leadership of Rev. Holland, TRBC voted to establish a branch Sunday School at Bradfordville to be known as the Bradfordville Chapel. Sunday School began in June, 1974, with approximately 15 members.
By 1977, the Branch Sunday School had grown to a full-fledged mission. A proposal to purchase a 5 acre site at 6494 Thomasville Road was presented to TRBC, approved, and finalized in October, 1977. Down payment on the land was paid through a building fund that had been established by the mission’s first pastor, Rev. Morris Roe, and the remainder was financed with a $10,000 grant from the Florida Baptist Convention Church Site Committee.
In June, 1978, Rev. Bill Willoughby was called as interim pastor. Under his leadership, the Bradfordville Chapel embarked on a construction program. That summer several youth summer missionaries helped the chapel with Backyard Bible Schools and helped enlist new members for the mission.
Ground was broken on May 23, 1980, for a historically significant chapel building donated by the Horseshoe Plantation. The building was moved from the Horseshoe Plantation to 6494 Thomasville Road. This old church building was probably built in the early 1900’s. A local architect was engaged to design the renovation for the chapel and the building was dedicated October 19, 1980. This chapel is now named the Betty Fuller Chapel.
At the July 8, 1981, business meeting at TRBC, a recommendation was made that members be elected to serve on the Pulpit Committee to seek the first full time pastor. On June 27, 1982, Rev. Ron Leggett became the first full time pastor followed by Rev. Arnold Medina who served as pastor from 1984-1991. On February 10, 1985, the Bradfordville Chapel was constituted as Bradfordville Baptist Church.
In early 1992, Rev. Donald E. Long came to Bradfordville. The little white chapel as it became known began to grow in its membership. In 1994 a master plan was developed for the expansion of the facilities. In January 1995, Rev. Don Long submitted his resignation.
In March of 1995, Dr. Robert McMillan agreed to become the Interim Pastor and in September agreed to give the church a two year commitment as Pastor. Dr. McMillan soon formed a Building Committee, which built a new 275 seat Sanctuary in 1997. It is now named The McMillan Center in honor of Dr. Mac and Jeannie.
On May 11, 1999, the name was officially changed to Bradfordville First Baptist Church. Dr. McMillan retired in June, 2002, and on July 8, 2002, Dr. Mark O. Wilbanks received the call as Senior Pastor coming from Southside Baptist Church in Jacksonville.
Over the next several years the church experienced tremendous growth and on January 13, 2004, purchased 20 acres of land to the north of the present property. Construction began on a 1300 seat Sanctuary November, 2004, and was completed July 2, 2006. In October, 2005, construction began on a three floor Education building which would house Sunday School and various community ministries. Construction was completed in January, 2007. Since 2002 we have added several new staff members and numerous ministries to the community. Bradfordville continues to grow through its partnerships with the community here in Tallahassee and around the world.
In January 2012, Pastor Wilbanks submitted his resignation after 10 wonderful years of service.
On March 23, 2014, Dr. Ronny Raines received the call to come Bradfordville and preached his first sermon as Senior Pastor.